Relaxing Breaks in Autumn
With the tell-tale signs of cooler evenings, fresher mornings and the nights drawing in, there is no doubt that the spectacular season of autumn is on its way.
We’re ready to embrace the blazing colours, crunch of leaves and ripening of forest fruits that autumn brings!
It’s a lovely time of year to enjoy being outdoors and surrounding yourself in nature. We feel very fortunate to be able to offer luxury accommodation in the heart of the countryside and in the beautiful county of Suffolk.
Cosy Cabin and Remote Barn
Many guests find they don’t want to go too far once they arrive here.
Instead, they make the most of the tranquil lakeside setting of the cabins or being surrounded by nothing but fields at the Sheepyard Barn, and enjoy their ‘escape’ that way.
To get some fresh air without using the car or going far, our farm has an abundance of wildlife to spot, a circular walk (with a convenient stopping place at the local golf club for tea and cake!) and access to many local footpaths for a longer stroll.
Out and About in Suffolk
For those who would like to do more exploring, Suffolk has so much to offer. Some of our favourite autumnal activities include:
- Enjoying one of the many local walks such as Wolves Wood Nature Reserve or the Hadleigh Railway Walk
- A visit to RSPB Minsmere Nature Reserve
- Taking a stroll and immersing ourselves in John Constables painting inspiration of Flatford and Dedham
- Enjoying a crunchy bike ride around Alton Water
- Wrapping up and heading to the Suffolk Coast – so much to offer that we’re sure everyone’s interests will be covered!
We’re always happy to share our experiences and knowledge of the area if you’re looking for ideas or recommendations so please just ask. Alternatively, Visit Suffolk is a great source of all things Suffolk!
Enjoy your autumnal break.