Accessibility for our Log Cabins
We aim to meet the needs of all visitors to our four holiday lodges. The following statement is a summary of our provision so that anyone who has any mobility problems, visual problems or other conditions is aware of our provision before arrival. If you have any questions please contact us and we will try to advise you.
- There is a regular bus service to and from Ipswich and Hadleigh; the bus stop is about 600 yards from The Suffolk Escape.
- The main railway station with regular trains to and from London Liverpool St and Norwich is in Ipswich, about 6 miles away.
- There are many local taxi firms some of which have specially adapted access.
- Depending on your computer our website font size can be enlarged if you want to view this document online.
- Our lodges are for adults only. We do not accept any dogs due to the wildlife and the lakes.
- You can contact us by phone, fax or email; details at the end of this statement.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- On arrival there is a large area to park off the road where we can meet you and give you your keys.
- You may drive to your lodge, each one has two generous car parking spaces right next to the cabin.
- The car park is gravel and the pathways to the lodges are a mixture of gravel and decking. The site is flat.
- The car park and the paths to the lodges are lit with low level lights.
- All lodges are single story with a 130cm wide ramped access to the main entrance.
- There is a light above the door for access.
- The main entrance door is 71cm wide.
- The lake side also has a deck along the front against the water 130cm wide, from here there are three 140cm wide access doors into the cabin. The front deck can also be accessed from ground level is via 2 x 20cm steps at each end.
- Each lodge has 2 bedrooms with 76cm wide doors to enter them from the lounge plus 140cm wide patio door access from the decking platform.
- There is a 4cm wooden threshold into each bedroom.
- All bedrooms have large double beds 200cm x 200cm, 64cm high and there is approx. 85cm width on one side of the bed and 50cm on the other.
- Each bedroom has a remote controlled LED Free-sat TV.
- There is a table lamp each side of the beds.
- Access is through a 70cm door from the bedroom with a 3cm threshold.
- Each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with a standard height toilet, a double vanity wash basin 90cm high and a shower with 45cm entry.
- Each shower cubicle has a 3cm raised lip when getting into it. There are no built in seats or handles. The showering area is approx. 75cm x 100cm.
- The oval bath is 65cm high.
- The shower and wash basin have mixer taps.
- The flooring is tiled.
- The lounge has a remote controlled 3D LED Free-sat TV.
- Flooring is wooden.
- Seating in the lounge is on two sofas 45cm high; the dining chairs (without arms) in the dining area are also standard size.
- The kitchen is U shaped, within the main communal space of each lodge and has 92cm high and 60cm deep worktops. There are no steps to the kitchen area. The highest storage shelf in the kitchen is 170cm.
- The cooker is electric and the hob is at the same height as the worktops. There is a double oven and grill below. There is a microwave in the wall units.
- There is a fridge and freezer built in under the worktop.
- There are mixer taps with lever action.
- The dishwasher and washing machine are under the worktop.
- The flooring is tiled.
- The lighting includes halogen and LED spotlights.
- Cordless kettles are provided in each kitchen.
- The land is flat; the pathways are stone which some people may find difficult to walk on or to use a wheelchair.
- Each lodge has a lower dinning deck which has two 15cm steps down to it. An outdoor dining table with 4 standard height cushioned chairs is found on the lower deck and an L shaped sofa of standard height on the patio.
- There is a charcoal barbeque on the patio of each lodge.
- Each lodge has a name sign, there is no Braille signage.
- Each lodge has an external floodlight near to the car park and LED lights near the main door operated by a movement sensor and led lights on the lakeside decking operated by switch.
- The lake is not fenced off; people with a visual impairment will require a sighted person to accompany them at all times.
- Each lodge has an outdoor hot tub. There is no hoist available. Our Insurance Company recommend that pregnant women, the elderly, diabetics and people taking medication should consult their doctor before using the tub. There is a more detailed list in each lodge, a copy can be provided prior to booking if requested.
- The hot tub is sited on a patio and you need to climb over the edge of the hot tub which is about 60cm high into the water which is about 90cm deep at the deepest point. The hot tub water temperature is usually set at 37 degrees centigrade.
- Each Lodge has audible smoke alarms in each room which only sound in the Lodge; they are not linked to a central alarm. There is no smoking allowed inside any Lodge, smokers can use the veranda area.
- Lighting in all internal areas is with halogen and LED ceiling lights. Light switches are at 105cm high.
- Heating in all lodges is with gas central heating. There are radiators in the lounge, dining area, and bedroom and towel rails in the bathrooms. There is under-floor heating in the bathrooms and kitchens. The heating is thermostatically controlled via wall mounted panels and TRV’s heaters (there is no extra charge made for the use of gas).
- Mobile telephone reception is variable; some networks have a poor reception locally.
- Local public transport: Bus: 0845 606 6171 and Train 08457 48 49 50.
Our address is:
The Suffolk Escape, Northlands Farm, Priory Road, Hintlesham, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP8 3NX.
Telephone: 01473 652149 / 07957 461011
Hours of operation; these are variable depending on the requirements of the business. Our home is on the farm so we are normally available most of the time. Please contact us by telephone between 9am and 9pm. If we go out we divert the main telephone number to our mobile phone.
To enable us to continuously improve we welcome your feedback on this statement. Please feedback to email@example.com or call us on 01473 652149.